Monday, April 6, 2009

So much time and so little to do. Wait...

Well, unfortunately, my break from classes is over and I will have to decrease my pace of delivered posts. This means the typical time I would have been working on making another informative post for my blog will now be utilized in completing homework for my classes the day that they are due.

I don't want to be a TOTAL loser and omit any progress related to the game, so I will say that I'm about 80% sure that we will be using the Source engine to deliver at least a prototype of the game, if not using it throughout the entire creation process. I've seen what talented individuals are able to do with the engine, and some of my favorite games of all time were created using the developmental tools that would be at our disposal. I've been told that it's difficult to use, but honestly, I think anything is better than building an engine from the ground up.

I am going to see if I can find some time to do a mock up of how I visualize the first city looking in 3ds max, but I make no promises.

Until next time,
Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment