Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Musical Arsenal

I've been thinking about the weapons in the game, and I've been having a tough time solidifying my concept for them. I want to make them a combination of the musical instrument and an actual type of gun, but still keep the originality of both. This game is going to take a lot of studying for me since I know nearly nothing about guns, just how to pull the trigger.

I feel that there is going to be some liberty given to the environment so that 'Stratus' doesn't have to play each note out on his instrument to fire, and I will make it so that each weapon just fires out the music "capsules" as bullets, and when those hit the targets, the music is what is released when they are erased.

I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out, it's just something I've been thinking about. I haven't had a chance to work on the city mock-up yet, and I want to make some kind of flash demo or something so you guys can see what I am trying to accomplish with the combo system.

Till next time,
Bryan

1 comment: