Monday, March 30, 2009

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I've currently been discussing other things with team members and friends about the game, but it's about the storyline and not something I can put up here, without fear of it ruining the game for anyone wishing to play it. So, instead of me posting about that, I am going to be talking about the game's enemies.

Since you are a virus in the game, it only makes sense that your opposition would be some form of combatant against viruses, or an "anti-virus" as I've said more times than I care to have. Mithos and I were discussing this and we figured that since we as humans use reference to illicit memories, then it would only be appropriate for everything in our future computer systems to have reference to real-world application. This also works in the situation of viruses, where physicians/doctors assist in curing our viruses as humans, it would only make sense for them to be the ones to stop viruses in the virtual world. Norton Antivirus' stethoscope is a good example of this implication that such a program solves your ailments, just like a doctor would. Now I know its weird to think you would face doctors, but they can just be agents sent by the main AI, just as doctors are given authority by the governs of law to practice.

It makes sense to a degree to have authority fighting you, but ultimately, what do cops know about curing diseases? They would get infected just as easily as the residents they are trying to protect. I think there is a great deal of things I could do to expand upon this idea, but I think it fits perfectly within the realm of my game's concept. Also, I think it would be quite comical to have ambulances pulling up with doctors pouring out of them for you to fight. I'm sure its not politically correct, but we all hate paying our doctors obscene amounts of money for minimal service anyways, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment